The PS4™ system can connect to the Internet with a wired connection or wireless connection.
Prepare the network environment you use, and then see “Set Up Internet Connection” to set up the connection.
Connection example with a LAN cable (for a wired connection)
- A )LAN port
- B )LAN cable
- C )Router
- D )Internet connectivity device such as a modem
- E )To the Internet
Connection example with Wi-Fi (for a wireless connection)
Actual connections and settings might vary depending on the types of devices you use, such as the access point. Refer to the instructions supplied with your device.
- A )Access point or wireless router
- An access point is a device used to wirelessly connect to the network.
A wireless router is a device that functions as a router and access point. You must use a router if you want to connect the PS4™ system and other devices to a single Internet connection at the same time.
- B )Internet connectivity device such as a modem
- C )To the Internet
- http:// manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/network.html